The Things I Carry
Physical Item
The most significant thing I carry is my crucifix. I received when I became a catholic, and it always has a symbolic meaning of the new life that I have. Being raised Jewish to leave the faith is sort of seen as something almost dishonorable seeing as you are in a way refusing to accept your ethnic "culture". It has been a different lifestyle ever since for me, and this crucifix helps remind me of the commitment I've made, and how my life has changed.
Dreams/Goals
Ever since I was a small boy I have wanted to become president of the United States. I want to be able to be the first president that truly cares about everyone, not just for there vote, but for there general welfare. I feel if I am able to make a difference in that way then I will have fulfilled my goals. I want to be able to leave a legacy that republican and democrat alike were able to compromise and work together as one under my guidance(wishful thinking huh?).
Relationships
My role model is Tom DeLonge. You might know him from blink-182,AvA, or Box Car Racer. Besides being an amazing singer he has been able to overcome innumerable odds, and still be willing to give back. He grew up in a house with a father who eventually left, and a mother that had to work pretty much all day. He had every reason to just let society take him, and discard him as useless, but he kept fighting. He today donates to many charity organizations, and is a cancer survivor.
Personality
When I think of myself I think of funny, intelligent , and laid back. I think all these things allow me to be able to think thoroughly through a situation, and then decide what to do. I have never been a big fan of raising my voice or getting angry, because this proves nothing except that you cannot have a logical argument.
Memories
The memory that has had the biggest impact on me was when my grand-father died. He was always such a role model to me, and everyone. He was the kind of person when he walked into a room everyone noticed. Being raised as a Jew during Hitler's Germany he knew what hard was, and NEVER complained. He always took each day as a blessing, and was never one to say a mean word about anyone. When he died it affected me, because that man I always knew, and loved was no longer there to inspire. Instead I must go off a memory.
Memory... is the diary that we all carry about with us. ~Oscar Wilde, "The Importance of Being Earnest"
No comments:
Post a Comment